Supply Chain Manager
Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Supply Chain Manager to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- Manages site’s supply chain functions including material planning, sub contract management, direct procurement, and supplier performance management.
- Building long-term relationships with key suppliers, negotiating and setting a pricing strategy.
- Ensure clear and effective communication of demand forecasts across site’s supply chain.
- Responsible for raw material Inventory reporting and implementing Inventory reduction strategies.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers to ensure consistence in communication and drive for improvement.
- Monitors Buyer/Planners for proper execution of material replenishment processes.
- Consistent with the business system, participates, facilitates, and leads Kaizen events that will eliminate waste, improve pull and one-piece flow, and deliver breakthrough results in Growth, Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost throughout the Supply Chain.
- Provides suppliers with demand forecasts and proactively monitors supplier’s short-term capacity (0-12 months). Works with suppliers to address temporary constraints and escalates potential long-term supplier capacity issues and drives collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment with key suppliers targeting at an optimal end to end supply chain.
- Negotiates pricing and lead-times on non-standard items or for large projects with suppliers. Involves managers as required.
- Objectively measures and communicates supplier performance to support supply chain continuous improvement efforts. Interfaces with suppliers, quality, and engineering to quickly resolve quality and/or delivery issues.
- Ensures quick resolution of shipping discrepancies, vendor returns, receiving errors, and invoice errors, and authorizes all inventory adjustments. Coordinates adjustments to ship dates or quantities on open purchase orders as necessary.
- Supplier quality, delivery and cost management
- Ensure compliance on record keeping for purchase order history, authorisations and amendments.
- Backup and DOA for ascertained level of Material Purchases
- Site Responsibilities for Indirect spend approval and contact for GBS Procurement for Indirect supply chain spend analysis and profiles.
- ASAT self-audit responsibilities for supply chain functions
- Ensure Trade compliance regulations are met and reports when necessary details to HMRC, and Trade Compliance Manager in the UK.
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in buying
- Experience of planning and prioritising to meet tight deadlines;
- Minimum of 3 years Management experience.
- Experience Heavy Duty Manufacturing Industry
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate and liaise effectively at all levels within the Company;
- IT proficiency with the ability to input and retrieve data;
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- PC literate with Words, Excel & PowerPoint skills.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing Date: 13/04/2017
£45000 per annum
Job Start Date: