£30,000 – £35,000 + Bonus
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Procurement Operations Strategic Buyer to work at their facility based near Sheffield
Are you an experienced Strategic Buyer with a strong technical understanding and the desire to work for a forward-thinking business?
If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. As well as offering a challenging and varied role the company also offer an excellent benefits package including 5% bonus, company pension scheme, health cover amongst some other great benefits.
Through the ingenuity of their people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, they deliver products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value. From advanced materials that are helping make the concept cars of today the reality of tomorrow, to components that operate in temperatures above their melting point. They break barriers. They engineer solutions.
Business Unit Strategic Buyer executes on relevant Procurement strategies, measures and activities in close cooperation with Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead and Business Unit Procurement Engineers.
- The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the respective Business Unit plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the Plant Procurement team.
- He/she ensures the optimal collaboration of Plant Procurement with BU Procurement Engineering as well as with Global Category Management and Regional Procurement to achieve best procurement results.
- Reports to Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead
- Supports all relevant Plant Procurement Operations functions
- Works in close conjunction and alignment with Business Unit Procurement Engineers
- Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
- Performance areas: Cost Savings, Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management)
- Communicates Supplier issues to Business Unit Procurement Operations Director and Category Management
- Participates in supplier meetings jointly with Category Lead, Business Unit Procurement Engineer and/or Country Lead if relevant for the Plant
- Handles project management based work (e.g. setting up store rooms across all locations, management of change related work for trials on new parts / components used with the manufacturing environment).
- 3 years of previous work experience in purchasing management
- Honours (4 year) College degree in Business Administration/Economics, Supply Chain or Engineering
- Technical understanding preferred
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Results and Customer-oriented
- Good ERP system knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advance user of MS Excel.
- CIPS/MCIPS preferred but not essential.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 21/07/2018
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)