SQL Analyst / Developer
£32,000 + Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Systems Analyst to work at their facility based near Kitts Green.
- Analyses, enhances and supports business processes that may span multiple computing environments and multiple locations.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business processes in their area(s) of assignment, and a general understanding of the business.
- Takes initiative to identify and implement system and/or process improvements to support business objectives.
- Uses a combination of leading edge information technologies along with existing legacy tools to deliver solutions to meet business needs.
- Interacts with systems and BU business process owners during the deployment of Manufacturing applications projects.
- Effectively utilizes project methodology and tools to deliver solutions and communicate status.
- Operates within and influences IS standards and conventions and promotes adherence within the IS organization.
- Pursues continuous learning consistent with changes in technology and uses this to influence IS direction Job.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with software development life cycle methodologies
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Systems analysis and design skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office toolset – Excel, Word, PowerPoint…
- SQL skills.
- Technical proficiency in any of the following areas is desired: Visual Basic, SharePoint Team Foundation Services, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Performance Point.
- Technical experience in Java programming
- Functional knowledge of shop floor, inventory, and quality.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with cross functional teams, presenting solutions both verbally and through written communications.
- Technical understanding of application development life cycle phases.
- Experience of adhering to compliance activities with regards the software development life cycle.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/11/2018
Up to £32000 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)