Shift Maintenance Engineer
06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Mold
- The Maintenance Engineer role includes the support and execution of all plant maintenance activities for the manufacturing and technology departments. This includes preventative, predictive and breakdown maintenance requirements. The engineer must comply with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. All maintenance activities must be performed to the highest levels of safety and all permitting requirements must be adhered to.
- Provide positive commitment to health and safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all maintenance activities are conducted under the strictest of permit requirements and promote safe behaviours.
- Good problem-solving techniques.
- Ensure preventative maintenance and repairs of material handling systems and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Comply with all labour, safety and environmental regulations.
- Provide support and input to CAPEX projects as required
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques on both electric and mechanical equipment including control systems
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance techniques
- Adherence to GMP standards clean as you go policy
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of explosive atmospheres and DSEAR regulations.
- Good knowledge of food safety requirements and HACCP.
- Ability to build relationships within a multi-functional team environment
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering.
- HNC or above in Electrical Engineering
- ONC or above in Mechanical Engineering
- IEE 17th Edition Regulations
- Multi-skilled desirable with electrical bias
- Experience within a FMCG food environment would be beneficial.
- PLC and PC Control systems
- Tag out lock off systems
- Permit to work
- Experience in a disciplined multi permitted environment.
- Knowledge of BRC and HACCP and GMP food processing principles
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong processing and problem solving skills.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/10/2019
Up to £35000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Continental Days & Nights (2days/2nights/4off)