Senior Process Engineer (Chemical)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Process Engineer / Site Engineer to work at their facility based near Liverpool
- To manage, on a day to day basis, the engineering department
- To control overall CapEx spend in line with individual project budget and overall company budgets.
- To set overall engineering / regulatory compliance policy.
- To set overall targets for the department in line with business needs and issue these as part of the overall site targets.
- To constantly review work practices to see if health, safety, environmental or quality performance can be improved or costs reduced.
- To communicate business objectives and departmental performance I issues to the departmental employees.
- To perform all process engineering activities required (e.g. design, producing P&ID’s).
- To act as project manager on all engineering projects.
- To manage and control construction activities on site, including contractor selection/control, permits, monitoring etc.
- To initiate and actively participate in HAZOP studies and provide a professional engineering input to them.
- To organise and manage plant commissioning activities.
- To maintain comprehensive engineering records during all phases of a project, including documentation required for production and maintenance e.g. plant operating procedures.
- To troubleshoot plant problems/proactively suggest improvements to production methods to increase efficiency, reduce waste etc.
- To be aware of new or pending changes to engineering related standards, regulations or industry guidance that may have an impact on the business and inform senior management accordingly.
- To manage, on a day to day basis, any Process/Project engineers in the department. This to include setting tasks, monitoring progress, giving advice, appraisals, discipline etc.
- A team player with the ability to motivate and manage effectively
- Be able to control budgets and financially aware
- Good computer literacy and competent user of AutoCAD software
- Understanding of regulatory compliance for a top tier COMAH site (ATEX, DSEAR, Ageing Plant, Etc.)
- Understanding of process and functional safety using HAZOP and LOPA techniques
- Understanding the use of CMMS and implementing adequate PPM strategies for Safety Critical Equipment and other maintenance duties
- Experience at a managerial / supervisory level
- Degree qualified in Chemical / Process Engineering
- Experience of working within a heavily regulated industry
- Must be able to display technical knowledge of chemical processes and / or plant
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/07/2019
Up to £45000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)