Senior Mechanical Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work at their facility based in Deeside
This role would ideally suit someone looking for a challenging role within an extremely successful organisation who are focussed on developing world leading technology. If you are an experienced mechanical engineer from a design and development background with strong experience using FEA then this could be a great opportunity for you.
- To provide designed components to operate in high load, high cycle environments for long life applications.
- To design test plans and schedules to validate concepts, utilising Design of Experiments and related techniques where appropriate.
- To manage projects and carry out required analysis and testing to feed into product design process.
- To lead problem solving and other activities for rapidly resolving quality or performance issues to ensure root cause is correctly identified and appropriate corrective actions are initiated.
- To participate in engineering change and concession reviews to ensure specified fit, form and function are enforced, and to maintain company product quality requirements.
- To utilise formal techniques such as FMEA for optimising user value/cost of ownership.
- To support internal and external customers with engineering and product data. Where necessary carry out data mining and or initiation of testing to establish the data.
- To participate in team projects in a professional manner to ensure objectives are understood and achieved to schedule and within budget.
- To participate in preparation and review of design briefs and specifications.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification to at least HNC level.
- Demonstrable experience in h-element FEA code for static structural stress analysis, preferably Ansys, and ideally through its Workbench interface.
- 3D CAD modelling.
- A thorough understanding of engineering drawings in terms of reading, understanding and specifying requirements.
- An appreciation of part manufacturing and machine assembly methods
- Ability to present results of work in a clear, unambiguous manner, for both technical and non-technical personnel.
- An appreciation of design and specification requirements for high pressure hydraulic systems, components and control systems.
- An appreciation of design and specification requirements for low pressure pneumatic systems, components and control systems.
- A conceptual understanding of general industrial control techniques and approaches.
- Experience in providing data collection and analysis solutions for research and development projects, preferably through utilisation of National Instruments’ Labview and Siemens’ Logo product ranges.
The company offer excellent benefits along with genuine opportunities to grow and develop within the business and wider group.
Please send your CV and call David Evans at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/12/2018
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)