£40,000 – £52,000 + Excellent Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Senior Buyer to work at their facility based near Staffordshire
- Early Supplier Engagement – ensure adherence to the Early Supplier Engagement SOP to engage suppliers and ensure parts are designed to cost and designed for manufacture.
- To engage with Engineering in order to ensure that drawing release plans are achieved.
- To track unapproved parts and create recovery plans to mitigate potential risk.
- To work in conjunction with Business Unit Engineering to ensure cost targets are achieved throughout the NPI process.
- To negotiate and close out supplier warranty agreements.
- Carry out the required process for ensuring new suppliers meet minimum requirements i.e. the application of supplier assessment, financial health check, relevant TS or ISO quality standard, etc.
- Support SDE’s, and Quality teams to ensure supplier(s) meet Group and Business Unit PPM targets.
- To represent the Purchasing Function in Top 10 Warranty Meetings.
- To support the rapid close out of Service Tech Webs.
- As well as compiling a budget for suppliers that sit within their regional responsibility the buyer will be responsible for compiling and delivering an annual budget for the Lead Buy areas, and support the execution of the global elements of the budget.
- To promote VA/VE activity within the supply base and support the implementation of approved projects.
- To focus on Cost Management and improved levels of transparency (Quotation Analysis Forms) to leverage costs.
- To negotiate preferred payment terms with suppliers in line with agreed objectives.
- To negotiate Commission Based Agreements with Key Suppliers where agreed with the PM.
- To negotiate and agree Long Term Agreements with Key suppliers where agreed with the PM.
- To act on alerts created from the continuous risk assessment process and to ensure Business Continuity plans are in place with appropriate suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers their agreement to policy for Corporate Social Responsibility. (Achilles or equivalent)
- Negotiate with suppliers within the category to agree to the Supplier Code of Conduct.
- To assess that a supplier for which the Buyer is lead has sufficient capacity in place to support the 5 year growth plan.
- To identify and assess potential new suppliers to increase supply opportunities.
- Working as part of a global matrix organisation, (both direct and dotted line) to support the goals of the business and deliver the same for designated categories.
- To ensure that relevant category strategies are supported and communicated within the appropriate region.
- To ensure that the needs of the business within the region are effectively communicated to the team and ensure those needs are incorporated within the relevant strategies.
- To provide support to other team member’s individual progression by helping with their Development Plans.
- The person will at times deputise for the Purchase Manager (eg support with management of buying staff, attending Management Meetings etc)
- The role will be responsible for directly managing a team of Buyers.
- To prepare the monthly CMR
- To prepare for and carry out formal supplier evaluation reviews with appropriate regional suppliers and Global suppliers where lead buy responsibility has been assigned.
- To read, adhere to and communicate internally and externally as necessary the Purchasing polices. (Policy Champion)
Detailed understanding of Purchasing tools and processes including:
- Category Management
- Budget Planning and Reporting
- Supplier Contracts
- Project Management
- Practical Problem Solving
- Advanced Negotiation Techniques
- Inventory Management Understanding
The following skills are mandatory for this role:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused approach
- Attention to detail
- Influential dexterity
- Conflict resolution ability
- Results Ownership
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 14/05/2018
£40000 - £52000 per annum
Job Start Date: