Scientific Graduate opportunity – Sterile Specialist
£28,282 (including shift allowance)
Shifts – Days and Nights
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a number of scientific graduates to work at their facility based near Runcorn.
Are you a Scientific graduate looking for your first role within industry and the desire to work for a forward-thinking business?
If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. As well as offering a challenging and varied role the company also offer an excellent benefits package including 33 days holiday, company pension scheme amongst some other great benefits.
The group is a global manufacturing business they develop, produce and market affordable medicines, as well as innovative and specialty products and over-the-counter consumer healthcare products.
To be responsible for ensuring line settings are correct and provide continuous improvement to ensure they are complied with. To compile and chase downtime information and carry out trending of batch data ready for feedback at the daily meeting and link above information to KPI’s and continuous improvement where applicable.
- To ensure you are up to date with Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instruction (SOP’s/WI) and Training Assessment Records (TARs) and that they are present within your training file;
- Make known any training requirements and attend training sessions when provided;
- Provide training to other members of your cell or shift as required.
- To perform routine maintenance during batch changeovers;
- To perform root cause analysis to minimise downtime;
- To control the line and complete online reviews;
- To review maintenance and chase up where required, prior to submission to your Cell Team Leader;
- To own your cell engineering activities, and ensure they are completed on your shift in a timely manner. Update critical spare list following breakdown, to future proof and minimise downtime;
- To ensure spares are ordered for parts within your cell and chase up where applicable;
- To be visible on your cell so that the team know you are there to help;
- Use batch change sheets and visual management boards to perform a suitable handover for the oncoming shift;
- To plan and operate the production of sterile products in accordance with the customer service plan;
- To perform root cause analysis to minimise downtime.
- To ensure logbooks and batch documentation is completed fully in real-time to clearly document any issues or breakdowns/repairs are completed within your cell;
- Where applicable complete QIR or Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) with full details to enable the Cell Team Leader to make the correct assessment of risk for the batch.
- To be vigilant to identify any Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) issues (near-misses, unsafe conditions) and opportunities for improvement;
- To maintain awareness of EHS requirements (SOPs, Risk Assessments etc.);
- To always think about your own safety and the safety of your colleagues.
- Degree or equivalent in a Science discipline.
- Previous experience of working within a pharmaceutical / Medical device industry although not essential
- High attention to detail.
- Good technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communicator, self-starter and team player with the ability to set and deliver high performance standards for self and team members relating to Customer Service, Quality, Safety and Cost.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Aptitude for data collection and analysis.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/09/2018
Up to £28282.00 per annum
Job Start Date:
Alternative Continental Shift (Average 42hrs pw)