Chester / Mold
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a Quality Specialist to work at their facility based near Mold.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Quality Assurance Manager in all aspects of quality control/assurance and provide cover when not available and ensure the smooth running of the QC Department ensuring all quality control/assurance functions are fulfilled in line with Company policy and procedures.
Quality Laboratory Operations
- Coordinate the operations of the laboratory and lab technicians.
- Provide training/support to develop the lab technicians.
- Troubleshooting and problems solving to resolve any laboratory issues.
- Develop allergen testing program on site
- Provide cover for lab technicians when required.
- Ensure completion of calibration activities such as internal equipment calibrations and third party calibration activities.
- Ensure the maintenance of all lab equipment, procedures & work instructions are up to date
- Provide laboratory method training to all appropriate technicians, and conduct periodic internal evaluations to verify methods compliance.
- To look for opportunities to reduce laboratory costs
- Assist in supplier and customer complaint, nonconformity and deviation investigations.
- Gather data to provide monthly KPI, deviations and trending reports.
- Provide support for Quality Assurance systems in all plant areas; Includes GMP audits, systems audits, third party audits, customer audits and customer tours
- Work with Global advocacy team to complete special customer requests.
- Support pest control contractor when on site and ensure actions raised are closed out.
- Attend daily morning operations meeting.
- Toll manufactures – support with managing requests, provide training and audits.
- Support auditing program internal and external
- Actively participate Health & Safety, Food safety and Environmental.
- Provide food safety, induction and refresher training.
- Supports Food Safety programs including prerequisite programs and HACCP validations and verifications.
- Maintain a safe work environment within laboratory by complying with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Help maintain a safe work environment within the plant by performing routine behavioural audits and follow through on corrective action.
Quality and Food Safety Management System
- Participate in the development and updating of procedures, work instruction and forms.
- Participate in Traceability exercises/Mock recall exercises.
- Provide training for apprentices, students, new employees.
- Participates in the preparation for internal and external audits.
- Ideally an associate’s degree with at least 3 years working experience in a food manufacturing analytical laboratory.
- Experience in food industry
- Include understanding of good laboratory practices, allergen testing, working with 5S.
- BRC and HACCP Knowledge (Level 2)
- Experience in performing audits
- A working knowledge of quality programs
- Excellent computer skills (sap, oracle, excel, power point ,word)
Please send your CV and call Charlotte Tyrer at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 07/03/2019
£25000.00 - £26000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)