£35,000 – £45,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Proposals Engineer to work at their facility based near Deeside
- Responsible for monitoring the complete bid submission process of projects that are assigned
- Supporting the customer requirement mainly internally but with some customer site visits.
- Produce and record competitively priced, profitable, quotations to Customer Center and/or Sales Engineers for engineered skid packaged equipment.
- Read and understand customer specifications and assess compliance or exception for bespoke product.
- Work with several layers of customers including sales, customer centres and end user customers globally.
- Maintain a consolidated profitability mindset and interact frequently with the other Systems Group entities worldwide to streamline the different scopes of supply in order to maximize the consolidated gross profit for each project.
- Evaluates customer/end user technical requirements, RFQ requirements and customer/end user specifications
- Conceptualises the application and integrate our products into a manufacturing solution where applicable
- Validates our product offering will meet the RFQ requirement, if not create an offering with properly documented deviations
- Technically writes up proposals using standard quote processes or customer processes required if necessary.
- Reviews bids for conformity to contract scope requirements or Terms and Conditions.
- Evaluates offering and estimates risk. If risk is a concern sets up internal review.
- Assist sales in the pricing process by contributing market intelligence
- Ensures local or international standards have been accounted
- Work closely with Operations, Engineering and Design, Projects and Sales when developing all proposals.
- Provide technical support and proper product selection for all of our products and how best to interface to customer applications.
- Professional and positive attitude is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Conscientious, positive attitude to quality and workmanship
- Committed and dedicated to complete tasks
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment and have ability to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
- High level of commitment and professional integrity
- Confident communicating and presenting to groups of people
- Good level of emotional intelligence and culturally aware and/ or adaptable of other countries cultures and customs
- Mechanically minded and a good understanding of Engineering
- Ability to challenge and seek opportunities
- Have the ability to be strategic
- A contentious team player with the ability to self-motivate, and able to support and work with others in the team, as well as a strong ability to work on their own.
- A good work ethic and dedication to ensure all work is completed and targets are met.
- A strong ability to make decisions, use initiative and show resourcefulness and carry out appropriate actions in line with the company policy and strategy
- The ability to work on own initiative and under pressure,
- Be resourceful and have good problem solving skills
- The candidate will have experience working in a fast moving environment and be able to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
- An interest in career development and training within the workplace
- Ability to represent the company externally in a highly professional and credible manner
- Be passionate, engaging and knowledgeable and the services
Please send your CV and call Tom at gap technical on 01782 791919 or email If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01782 791919
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)