gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Project Engineer to work at their facility based near Chester/Deeside
- Development a pipeline of suitable projects, including; feasibility studies, cost benefit analysis, etc
- Creation and delivery of project work plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- The identification of resources and assignment of responsibilities
- Run tender and procurement activity with equipment vendors
- Selection of preferred supplier(s) through robust selection process, including application of appropriate contract
- Management of day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) in accordance with food manufacturing best practises and report/highlight any issues and exceptions to base plan.
- Management of all health and safety aspects of capital projects in line with the group compliance polices.
- Completion of project documentation including appropriate version control & data archiving.
- To work closely with relevant stake holders ensuring effective implementation of the project(s)
- Optimise asset availability & efficiency by co-ordinating activities between the project contractors, services, production & technical teams.
- Work closely with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with business via appropriate methods to agree requirements and explain feasibility
- Submission of project status reports to stakeholders; review project goal/ achievement comparisons & recommend points for learning & improvement
- Plan, control and liaise with external contractors to ensure required standards to deliver agreed projects cost effectively.
- Engineering discipline or equivalent (electrical/mechanical)
- Formal project management training/qualification (an advantage)
- Environmental awareness training/experience
- NEBOSH/ IOSH or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Food & FMCG background
- Extensive capital project experience
- Conversant with relevant legislation (e.g. IEE 17th Edition)
- Demonstrable record in successful delivery of engineering capital projects in FMCG with particular emphasis on specification/integration/implementation
- CAD literate
- MS Project proficient
- Demonstrable process control system and PLC design/specifications experience
- Experience of indirect management of multi-functional/disciplinary teams
- Food processing and associated equipment knowledge
- Strong working knowledge/experience of PLCs
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 10/10/2019
Up to £45000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)