Procurement Assistant / Junior Buyer
£23,000 – £25,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Procurement Assistant / Junior Buyer to work at their facility based near Leicester.
- Business Unit Strategic Buyer executes on relevant Procurement strategies, measures and activities in close cooperation with Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead and Business Unit Procurement Engineers.
· The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the respective Business Unit plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the BU Plant Procurement team.
· He/she ensures the optimal collaboration of BU Plant Procurement with BU Procurement Engineering as well as with Global Category Management and Regional Procurement to achieve best procurement results.
· Reports to Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead
· Supports all relevant Plant Procurement Operations functions
· Works in close conjunction and alignment with Business Unit Procurement Engineers
· Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
· Performance areas: Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management)
· Communicates Supplier issues to Business Unit Procurement Operations Director and Category Management and Plant Leadership
- Participates in supplier meetings jointly with Category Lead, Business Unit Procurement Engineer and/or Country Lead if relevant for the Plant. Involves Plant Leadership as necessary.
- Raising PO’s
- Chasing suppliers
- 3 years of previous work experience in purchasing
· Degree in Business Administration/Economics, Supply Chain or Engineering
· Technical understanding preferred
· Communication and negotiation skills
- Results and Customer-oriented
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 01/06/2018
£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
Job Start Date: