£30,000 – £40,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Occupational Hygienist to work at their facility based near Birmingham Airport.
- To identify and quantify employee exposures to relevant stressors, identify control measures where required, and be integral in their implementation and sustained use
- To develop strategies, practices and procedures that reduce risk, add layers of protection, improve health performance, and be integral in their implementation.
- Monitoring and maintenance of existing controls to ensure their sustainable and effective application.
- Conduct monitoring campaigns to ascertain exposure levels of relevant stressors
- Maintain and monitor existing health program controls
- Complete all required internal and external reporting on time and in full
- Keep abreast of UK Health legislation and assess and act upon changes that impact upon the organisation.
- Corporate protocols are complied with and ensure that practices and procedures in place produce the desired results.
- 2+ years experience of technical occupational hygiene, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- At least one of:
- Degree level education in Occupational Hygiene that is accredited by BOHS
- BOHS AFOH or LFOH desirable
- To be able to demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience of working across all levels of a manufacturing business or similar large organization
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Track record of influencing, and leading without authority
- Ability to take initiative, and meet deadlines
- High degree of computer literacy
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/05/2019
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)