Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
£40,000 (4on 4off shifts)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Deeside/Flint
Are you an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with a strong technical background and the desire to work for a forward thinking business?
If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. As well as offering a challenging and varied role the company also offer an excellent benefits package including a company pension scheme, 24 days holiday + bank holidays amongst some other great benefits.
Undertake a range of electrical and mechanical planned maintenance and repair activities to maximise the reliability of site machinery and equipment.
- Maintain all plant and equipment to comply with all current legislation, HS&E, Company procedures and business requirements.
- Concise, clear and accurate reporting within the CMMS.
- Communicate within own team and other shifts to ensure a comprehensive shift handover.
- Active involvement in the team to drive continual improvement.
- Ensure compliance to preventative maintenance routines for all site equipment
- Communicate equipment issues or parts order replacement to the Plant Engineer
- Monitor equipment performance and work with the wider plant engineering team to design out recurring problems
- Carry out installation work to include modifying existing equipment and installation of new equipment
- Inspect completed installations and maintenance repair work to ensure conformance with required operational standards
- Promote and maintain high levels of standards in relation to Environmental, Health & Safety policies and practices
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, training and reviewing professional publications
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are within post holder capabilities.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment – FMCG environment – desirable
- Experience of workings shifts desirable
- N.C/ONC/City & Guilds qualification or equivalent qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Skills / Key Characteristics
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proactive approach to housekeeping, 5s methodology and waste minimisation
- Proactive approach to Health & Safety in the workplace
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 08/06/2019
Up to £40000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Continental Days & Nights (2days/2nights/4off)