Multi-Skilled (Mechanical Bias) Maintenance Engineer
£35,000 per annum
Days + Nights
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Technical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Leicester
- To maintain the plant / processes to meet the business requirements in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s), good manufacturing practices (GMP), production plans, maintenance schedules and health and safety procedures.
- To respond to all plant breakdowns, carrying out full safe isolations; diagnosis of the faults and their effective repair.
- To undertake routine, non-routine & planned maintenance activities in accordance with SOP’s & GMP requirements to ensure minimum machine downtime and meet KPIs.
- To undertake fault diagnosis & implement corrective actions to minimise machine downtime.
- To monitor, report and action equipment performance to identify & implement incremental improvements to maximise output & quality performance.
- To complete all relevant manufacturing & engineering documentation within agreed timescales and to GMP / ISO requirements
- To communicate machine status & performance across shift teams to ensure effective handovers.
- Reporting stock used from maintenance stores; and assisting in monthly stoke takes
- To undertake machine start-up, routine & non-routine material changes and plant shut down as required.
- To Assist and advise in machine adjustments to optimise machine performance in accordance with SOP’s, GMP, quality requirements and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- To maintain housekeeping of defined equipment areas to appropriate gmp / 5s and best practice systems
- To monitor the performance and give guidance to the Maintenance support team leader;
- Ensuring aspects of Operational and noise management plans are adhered to at all times;
- NVQ Level 3 engineering qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable logical, analytical thought process
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes, Quality requirements / standards and health & Safety requirements.
- Hydraulics & pneumatics knowledge
- An aptitude for data collection & analysis
- Ability to diagnose & rectify faults
- Analytical machine monitoring skills
- Ability to write / implement sop’s
- Works well in a pressurised environment
- Good capacity for identifying and meeting quality requirements
- Ability to manage complex processes, material and personnel
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexible approach to working environment and/ or hours
- Determined and results orientated
- IT literate in production of reports, utilisation of engineering/technical background
- Good communicator & team player with the desire & ability to deliver high performance standards relating to customer service, quality, safety & cost
Please send your CV and call Mike at gap technical on 01782 971919
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 15/10/2019
£34000 - £35000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Panama Shift Only