Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to work at their facility based near Runcorn
- Technicians training/standards: Manage and develop the Mechanical maintenance team to ensure effective support to the site via safe delivery of maintenance activities.
- Work management: Utilise the work management system (SAP) to ensure that all Mechanical work orders are identified, prioritised, planned and completed safely, on time and to the required standard.
- Supervising: Supervise contractors (both embedded in the maintenance team and as a service provider) to ensure they deliver work safely, on time and to the required standard.
- Cost control: Ensure that all Mechanical maintenance work is approved and recorded on the Fixed costs ledger. Subsequently approve and query any cost increases on all associated invoices.
- Codal Compliance/PM Routines: Contribute to achieving 100% codal compliance by supporting the Mechanical Asset Engineer as required.
- Shutdown scheduling/planning: Lead the planning, scheduling and execution of the Salt shutdown events. (5 per year)
Key Performance Indicators(KPI’s)
- Exemplary SHE performance from maintenance team
- Compliance with internal & external engineering standards
- SAP work orders backlog numbers in control
- Equipment reliability (OEE) improving trends
- Maintenance costs controlled to annual budget figure
- Planned shutdowns completed safely, on time and on budget
- Planned maintenance routines completed as per the weekly/monthly plans
- 5+ years experience as 1st line manager in engineering / maintenance with a mechanical background.
- HNC or NVQ in Mechanical engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of standard IT systems – MS Windows, MS Excel and SAP
- Good knowledge of maintenance methodology
- Good knowledge of shutdown methodology
- Good understanding of common process and material handling mechanical equipment
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs, Piping isometrics and piping specifications.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/04/2019
Up to £40000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)