Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Wirral/Ellesmere Port
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site (Idhammer). Follow all stores procedures.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas and across all site.
- Record all machinery defects, corrective actions and repairs on shift reports and Idhammer.
- Manage and organise all contractor repairs and maintenance on site to minimise disruption to the plant.
- Oversee contractors on relevant plant sections during annual shutdowns as requested by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure adequate supplies of the key products are on site all times.
- Ensure all utilities have a maintenance programme in place which is documented to include planned site visits and reports. Support further development of these programmes.
- Organize shadow boards across the plant where regular routine maintenance takes place. Ensure tools are maintained.
- Ensure all plant lifting / access equipment is kept in good condition, inspected and stored correctly.
- Provide advice and coaching to operators / new recruits where required.
- Liaise closely with the production manager / team leaders / factory manager to ensure all outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner
- It is expected that the maintenance Engineer (electrical) will carry out mechanical works as and when required.
- Engineering discipline qualification – Mechanical Engineering ONC or BTEC Level 3 equivalent is essential
- COMPEX trained preferable
- Previous experience working as a Maintenance Engineer in a process plant is essential; i.e. FMCG, Process, recycling or Chemical background.
- Good knowledge of liquids conveying systems and large rotating plant.
- Mechanical fitting experience
- Disassembly, inspection and rebuild of pump conveying equipment
- Fault finding and preventative maintenance experience.
- Good working knowledge of process hydraulics and pneumatics, transmission components, gearboxes, bearing.
- Good working knowledge of both steam and thermal oil heating systems (gas fired).
- Very good standard of both MIG and TIG repair / fabrication.
It would be beneficial if the successful candidate had the following additional skills / qualifications:
- Time served apprentice / NVQ level 3 in welding
- Coded to weld T.I.G Carbon steel – bore size 1/2″ – 12″
- Coded to weld T.I.G Stainless steel – bore size 1/2″ – 12″
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 27/12/2018
Up to £42400 per annum
Cheshire, Ellesmere Port
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)