Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
4 On 4 Off Shifts
£37,988 + Fantastic Company Benefit Package
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Runcorn
- Adhere to safe working practices and work to current regulations
- Ensure compliance of Health & Safety legislation
- Carry out duties deemed reasonable as instructed by the Engineering Management Team
- New work and installation to be undertaken using current regulations as a benchmark
- Assist with the installation/upgrade of plant and equipment
- Work proactively and reactively using multi skilled practices whenever practical
- Working within a permit to work system
- Document and collate any routine maintenance information and support the PPM system
- Collate data and information on plant and equipment, enter data electronically
- Support and engage with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- The jobholder works closely with Engineering and Operational teams on day to day engineering issues.
- Regularly communicates by email/phone with internal and/or external customers.
- The jobholder frequently plans their own work based upon information supplied to them by the engineering management team/ operations team.
- The job is responsible for pin pointing problems to ensure quality and accuracy are delivered.
- The job entails working in hazardous environments.
- The jobholder must be capable of working under pressure especially when breakdowns arise and production is high.
- The job also includes the procurement of spares and new equipment.
- The jobholder requires an operating knowledge of the processes supported within the plant.
- The job holder will be required to operate MEWP & FLT, access platforms and various associated machinery following the relevant training.
- The role requires dexterity, agility, alertness and good coordination.
- The jobholder is required to make technical engineering decisions on plant and equipment safety.
- Advice from the Engineering Management team should be sought regarding complex decisions.
- The jobholder is required to be flexible to meet production demands.
- Long/unsociable hours are sometimes required at short/no notice.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/11/2018
Up to £37988 per annum
Job Start Date:
Alternative Continental Shift (Average 42hrs pw)