Mechanical Design Engineer
£33k – £40k
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work at their facility based in Swindon.
The role would ideally suit someone looking to work within an exciting business on state of the art equipment. This is an extremely varied and challenging role within a business who genuinely look to develop their engineers and encourage creative thinking.
- Develop the mechanical design of products, ensuring that internal and external customer requirements are realised and can be manufactured capably.
- Provide an interface with Technology, Quality, Planning & Logistics and Production.
- Support engineering aspects within Operations, including the conceptual and detailed design of production and ancillary equipment, to support the realisation of production targets
- Follow processes and procedures that deliver best engineering practice in line with the ISO Quality System and New Product Introduction Process.
- Co-ordinate and support development trials to realise new products in manufacture, utilising lessons learned to improve this process.
- Provide the resource and contribute to documentation including Mechanical Drawings, Tooling Drawings Production Control Plans (PCP), Bills of Materials (BOM), Product Specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Graduate with a degree in appropriate Engineering discipline and 2-3 years industry experience in a manufacturing and development environment
- Knowledge of Solidworks (Or other similar 3D CAD programs), Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Effective communicator with ability to build successful working relationships
Please send your CV and call Tom at gap technical on 01782 971919
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01782 971919
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/04/2019
£33000 - £40000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)