Mechanical Design Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this successful Engineering business in their search for a Technical Author to work at their facility based in Deeside.
The role would ideally suit someone with some hands on design experience looking for their next step into a forward-thinking automotive engineering business.
- Produce Designs in response to the Design Specification requirements or Change Requests and document Design Analysis (calculations, FMEAS, Design Reviews etc).
- Produce and issue Component and Assembly models and drawings using 3D CAD package and ensure the issue/change (ECR/ECN) is followed.
- Enter (and maintain if necessary) parts and assembly’s (BOMs) on to ERP system and ensure change/issue procedure is adhered.
- Peer Check drawings for drafting standards, functionality (including stack ups and geometric tolerancing) and supporting documentation to company Standards and Procedures.
- Ensure parts are properly introduced and that the impact of changes are reflected through the product life cycle (configuration control).
- Assist in the development of plans and ensure on time delivery against agreed plans.
- Provide support and guidance on manufacturing processes to purchasing and manufacturing teams.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Operations and Maintenance manuals.
- Communicate with other departments with FEA and Document Control.
- Formal academic qualification in Mechanical Engineering, educated at least to BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years modelling and drafting experience
- Experienced in the use of Geometric Tolerancing and stack-up analysis.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Drawing/Part release and Engineering Change Control processes and field implications.
- Candidates must be familiar with CAD systems, CAD administration and the management of CAD/Engineering data.
- Candidates must have good communication skills and be able to produce technical reports to a reasonable standard.
- Candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Office software to a good standard.
- Knowledge of and experience of working within an ISO & BS standards.
Please send your CV and call NAME at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/01/2019
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)