Material Development Engineer
£40,000 – £45,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Material Development Manager to work at their facility based near Cheltenham. Working as part of a close team, we are looking for someone hungry, ambitious, hard working with a keen eye for detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow both personally and professionally in a market leading business working with cutting edge complex technology.
- Specialising in High Performance Elastomer, the role will be to develop new material.
- Analysis of materials and compounds (including mechanical techniques).
- Develop customer specific test methods
- Perform literature search in order to develop new technologies or identify new ingredients to enhance material properties
- Prepare high quality analysis and material recommendation reports to customers
- Support Material Development Manger managing the development projects from initiation to launch
- Actively participate supporting both the sales and marketing teams
- Supporting the manufacturing, quality and NPI departments during material industrialisation and general problem solving
- Liaise closely with other internal and external partners such as suppliers, customers and other centres of excellence
- Report regularly on activity and progress via meetings and formal reporting.
- Minimum Scientific degree (preferably chemistry)
- Set an example by actively contributing to departmental and company goals
- Take initiative with respect to personal development, seeking additional training or direction, as needed
- Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with the company quality objectives
- Make suggestions for improvements in areas of cost management, processes and quality
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Must be able to work independently, accurately and efficiently
Please send your CV and call Tom Arnold at gap technical on 01782 971 919
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01782 971 919
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 10/04/2019
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)