Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to work at their facility based in Swindon.
The role would ideally suit someone looking for a senior role within an exciting business working on state of the art equipment. Whether you’re looking to take the step into a senior role or you have existing people management experience this role would offer an excellent challenge and next career step.
- Mentor the Mechanical Design Engineers, focusing on developing skills and expertise within their field. Direct daily team tasks, ensuring the design function fully contributes to the successful growth of the business.
- Working with the Manufacturing Engineer, set the direction and development direction for the department, ensuing all tasks are covered by appropriate skills within the team.
- Support the specification, procurement, commissioning and qualification of new process equipment.
- Contribute to the compilation of capital expenditure requests
- Investigate and recommend next generation process methods and equipment design
- Monitor the planning and results of trials to validate alternative product designs, process routes and raw materials, guiding lessons learned and next steps.
- Drive continuous improvement of existing processes to improve yield, capacity and costs.
- Participate in root-cause analysis of process failures and implementation of action plans.
- Collaborate with & support Operations to maintain production throughput and KPIs.
- Liaise with Maintenance to enable permanent resolution of equipment and process design flaws.
- Proactively engage in the completion of Hazard Studies, Risk Assessments and Safety Observations.
- Support the Process Technology Manager in the delivery of departmental objectives
- Oversee and contribute to documentation completion and approval including Mechanical Drawings, Tooling Drawings, Bills of Materials, Product Specifications and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Degree in relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with the operation of multi disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of coating, converting and print finishing operations
- Familiar and competent with Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Experience of working within a technology driven manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Solidworks (Or other similar 3D CAD programs)
- Effective communicator across Business functions – verbal, written
- Contributing to team success and facilitating goal accomplishment
- Adaptability – to approach changes with a positive mind set
- Planning and Organising – determining tasks and prioritising
- Decision making – Identifying problems and evaluating alternatives and risk
- Facilitating Change
- Influencing others
- Building Strategic working relationships
- Innovation – ideas generation for next generation process
Please send your CV and call David at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 08/02/2019
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)