Lead Controls Engineer
£55,000 – £65,000
Days Mon – Fri
gap technical are proud to be representing this global distribution business in their search for a Lead Controls Engineer to work at their facility based near Dartford, the company in question prides itself on being a leader in utilising the very best technology within the market in order to increase productivity.
- To provide technical lead and support
- Assisting the development of the Controls Engineers on shift.
- Working closely with Operations and other support teams to optimise availability and performance of the CFC and its MHE automation
- Developing capabilities and improving knowledge of Controls and PLC with the shift Engineers, to aid career progression and step up duties as needed.
- Ensure your team carries out all planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Where a hardware failure has been identified, you must ensure that your team have activated a pre-defined workaround or made temporary modifications to PLC codes, to allow the operation to continue with minimal impact on the CFC whilst repairs are carried out
- Where a PLC code or other controls system issue has been identified, you must ensure that this is diagnosed and rectified in a timely manner
- To lead and provide front line issue investigation of live production control systems
- Online monitoring of PLC codes to identify and diagnose the cause of faults or failures of the equipment or codes
- To work closely with other technical teams on the roll out and monitoring of bux fixes, tuning or code upgrades
- Diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs where possible
- Analysing data and finding solutions to improve MHE performance
- To carry out quality inspections on jobs; ensuring all work is completed to a safe standard
- You must possess strong leadership and team management skills
- To be well organised with the ability to prioritise workload
- You must be self-motivated, consistent and able to work at pace
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software
- Excellent working knowledge of Controls Systems
- PLC and Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
- Sound analytical skills and a good problem solver
- Experience of online code monitoring/modification and development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs
- Computer literate in MS office package with the ability to use a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 25/06/2019
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)