Competitive Salary and Benefits
Warrington / Widnes / Runcorn
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Lab Manager to work at their facility based near Runcorn
- Manage the Workshop – leading a highly experienced workshop team developing bespoke laboratory fixtures and device prototypes to support the Laboratory team.
- Through the services that the laboratory and workshop teams provide and the ideas that they create, contributes directly to the development of innovative devices
- Manage outsourced services for the laboratory and workshop and supports the provision of an integrated approach to product testing with laboratories at other sites, including the transfer of test methods to commercial production sites.
- Ensuring that all members of the team are suitably trained to fulfil their roles and that the team’s skills and capabilities are developed to their full potential.
- Ensuring that all equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manufacturer’s schedule.
- Ensuring that any bespoke fixtures are designed, manufactured and validated for use.
- Ensuring that suitable test methods have been developed and validated.
- Providing and maintaining suitable cGMP procedures and working practices to ensure the safety, efficiency and quality of the Laboratory and Workshop.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement of procedures and ways of working.
- Manage the Laboratory – leading a team of skilled scientists and technicians, overseeing the development of the necessary procedures & test methods, managing the delivery of device characterisation, investigation and verification for our internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that Computer Systems Validation (CSV) is completed for new equipment and procedures and is maintained for existing systems.
- Management of the Laboratory & Workshop CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
- Demonstrable experience in management of a laboratory and/or evaluation team, preferably in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- In-depth knowledge of cGMP/GLP regulatory requirements.
- Must have experience in a physical testing / metrology laboratory (for example testing delivered dose volume, tensile/compression/torsion testing, destructive/non-destructive tests, CMM / optical measurements).
- Familiarity with laboratory diagnostic and measurement tools, including high speed video, CT scanner, high voltage leak detection, would be advantageous.
- Experienced in the design, manufacture and validation of bespoke laboratory fixtures and test equipment.
- Understanding of drug/device combination regulatory requirements (including Design Controls and Risk Management) would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with workshop equipment and manufacturing techniques, including rapid prototyping would be advantageous.
- Graduate in relevant Scientific discipline, Materials Science, Engineering or related subject.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 15/03/2019
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)