Competitive Salary + Benefit Package
gap technical are proud to be representing this testing business in their search for a lab manager to work at their facility based near Shrewsbury.
- Lead the Product Testing Activities for the Shawbury site, maintaining the range of accreditations and compliance required for business operations Champion Testing and Operational best practices.
- Actively participate in the execution of marketing and sales events that drive business growth in the field of product testing, driving all necessary actions to realise sustainable growth in line with company and department objectives.
- Continually identify opportunities for revenue growth and margin enhancement in the field of product testing.
- product testing, driving all necessary actions to realise growth in line with company and department objectives.
- Collaborate with team members and other Managers to design and implement solutions that will continually improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Lead, coach, and train employees toward a cohesive team concept. Foster an environment for empowered and a high-performance department. Identify development plans for staff and implement.
- Lead problem solving of complex testing issues within the department and ensure that methodologies are implemented and adopted.
- Direct and facilitate investigations and resolution of validation failures, process deviations, abnormal results, customer complaints and inquiries, and other quality performance indicators.
- Lead the S&OP process for the department for all testing projects through the test bays and for sub-projects sourced to other departments or third-parties, ensuring that project timelines and planned costs are achieved.
- Interact with Customers as required to prepare quotations and test results.
- Anticipate and identify customer needs. Seek ways to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Lead preparations for on-site customer visits and audits and actively spearhead the process.
- Prepare and make presentations to clients on and off site and to senior management
- Responsible for all communications with clients re quality and standards issues.
- Ensure adequate planned maintenance of all test equipment including on-time calibration.
- Contribute, create and maintain appropriate and effective health and safety standards with the product testing laboratory and within the site as a whole.
- Assist with ensuring that the relevant quality accreditation is maintained through full procedural compliance.
- Degree Scientific or Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of direct work experience in an industrial or testing environment within an ISO17025 or similar quality system.
- 4+ years’ experience in the Automotive, Industrial, Engineering, or related industry, with a mix of development and manufacturing operations.
- Proven experience in a management role with demonstrable capability of leading and motivating a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of translating technical requirements into practical methods.
- Experience of audits by 4+ years’ experience in the Automotive Industry as a Senior Test Engineer. Proven experience in a management role with demonstrable capability of leading Knowledge of how the Tier 1 automotive supply base works.
- Able to produce a high standard or written work and technical reports with appropriate grammar, syntax and spelling,
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, trade bodies and government agencies.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong analytical problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Highly motivated, self- Interview High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- directed, of multi-tasker and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Track record of ability to plan, organise, co-ordinate and supervise varied complex projects.
- Strong leadership skills capable of influencing and motivating a team of test engineers and peers.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 21/01/2019
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)