Engineering Team Leader
£48000 + Bonus and Excellent Benefits
gap technical are proud to be representing this European manufacturing business in their search for an Engineering Team Leader to work at their facility based near Runcorn
- Strong leadership is essential for this role, with excellent coaching skills to develop the skills and abilities of your team.
- Undertake 1:2:1’s with team members to identify training needs and develop behaviours aligned to the companies’ mission statement and culture
- Authorise holidays and attendance levels for allocated shifts
- Conduct first stage behavioural improvement action
- Develop behaviours of the team aligned to world class maintenance standards and methods.
- Supports and Leads where directed cross functional team working.
- Coordinate and Undertake equipment
- Risk Assessments and SOP’s
- Lead the use of dynamic risk assessments (Take 5) within the maintenance team
- Deputise for the maintenance manager out of hours to ensure planned and unplanned activities are conducted safely.
- Identifies and implements safe working practices
- Identifies and implements risk reduction on equipment
- Ensure statutory maintenance work orders are completed on time and feedback in CMMS
- Manages and coordinates contractor activities through PTW’s.
Machines and Methods
- Supports and leads as directed the implementation of world class maintenance methods
- Use data analysis to look at trends in performance
- Leads Root Cause Analysis for reliability and quality improvement
- Leads practical problem solving to minimise downtime with team members
- Co-ordinates complex fault finding and escalates additional support requirements where required
- Develops PM work orders and schedules for assets in CMMS
- Develops calibration/centre lining standards for critical assets
- Responsible for Improving maintenance and asset KPI’s, through agreed projects
- Leads critical spares analysis for assets
- Maintains spares and improves life cycle of components
- Undertakes design out activities with members of their team
- The job holder will be responsible for planning and allocating work for the maintenance team and ensuring work is completed to a high standard by their team
- Ensures maintenance interventions on critical assets are tested prior to production runs
- Ensures man hours are recorded for maintenance work.
- Formal Health and Safety qualification
- CIEH Level 3 Health & Safety
- NEBOSH general Certificate (preferred)
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Supervisory qualifications/experience 5 years +
- The job holder reports to the maintenance manager and is responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling maintenance and engineering activities throughout manufacturing to ensure asset performance, reliability and quality is guaranteed and improved
- The job holder will lead a team of engineering personnel and indirectly the maintenance activities of operators in the delivery of world class asset care with the highest standards of safety.
- The job holder will be part of the Engineering leadership team and as such needs to be flexible in their working patterns to support business requirements.
- 4 on 4 off pattern, days and nights
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Up to £48000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Continental Days & Nights (2days/2nights/4off)