£22,000 – £24,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for an Engineering Buyer/ junior buyer to work at their facility based near Chorley
- Importing of BOMs and management of BOM Updates and Engineering Change Requests to ensure that purchasing is in-line with latest project revisions
- Identification and reconciliation of procurement requirements for projects from BOMs
- Preparation of requests for quotation (RFQs)
- Review of quotations and issue of purchase orders along with engineering drawings and product specifications
- Purchasing of mechanical (both bought-in and out-sourced), electrical and pneumatic components
- Progressing of purchase orders to ensure purchasing schedules meet project requirements
- Perform other duties as required by the Procurement Manager eg travel arrangements for staff
- 2 years buying experience within the engineering/manufacturing industry
- Basic understanding of the “buying process” from order to invoice.
- Computer literate, fundamental that individual can use word and excel to create unaided written correspondence and manage spreadsheets.
- Numeracy and literary skills, ability to produce professional written correspondence and understand and compare supplier quotations etc.
- Self- motivated, able to work without constant management support.
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with confident telephone manner.
- Ability to interact with both suppliers and departments with confidence and a collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Good organisation skills, can prioritise between various competing tasks.
- Understands the necessity and can meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, is not fazed by problems, and has an ability to find solutions.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 05/12/2018
£22000 - £24000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)