£35,000 – £45,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a EHS Manager to work at their facility based near Bradford
- Proven previous experience of a Manager’s Environmental/Health and Safety role is essential
- Ensure the management team are aware of all health and safety developments
- Provide specialist support and knowledge on request to all levels of the business
- Supervise, Train and Lead accident reporting, investigations, corrective action and site adoption of good practice.
- Review reported accidents, emergency incidents and near misses daily and track incident analysis and investigations.
- Collate and record H&S data compiling suitable reports and actions
- Complete reporting and information/produce policies and procedures from corporate requirements
- Monitor legislation and ensure the site is compliant with current legislation, ensuring awareness of up and coming changes
- Maintain/review site safety and environmental management systems and consider/implement and record changes
- Carry out routine audits/inspections of site
- Induct all new starters/contractors/agency and carry out health and safety/environmental training where necessary
- Manage the structure of EH&S committees and hold regular meetings with management/ committees.
- Support on site projects with regards to EH&S
- Review and sign off substance use on site
- Promote/train employees on the daily use of HSOP and analyse and act on actions identified
- Provide specialist training as required
- Manage site routine audits to ensure the site has adequate H&S procedures
- Ensure site has adequate environmental emergency response procedure and all personnel are trained
- Manage all risk assessments on site from training individuals, carrying out risk assessments, and managing action plans.
- Ensure routine dust and fibre exposure monitoring is carried out and results tracked/actions taken
- Implementing, auditing and maintaining ISO 14001 and OSAS 18001management system to ensure Certification is maintained
- At least 6 years in a EH&S position
- NEBOSH Diploma or BSc in H&S & Environmental or NVQ level 5 Diploma in H&S
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint)
- Membership of IOSH or IIRSM
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 18/09/2017
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Job Start Date: