Contract Maintenance Engineer
£30.00 Per Hour/ 3 Shift
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Engineer to work at their facility based near Ashford
- Ensure that performance of plant is maintained at agreed levels – aim of 100%.
- Plan and complete tasks for self from PPM and Manufacturers schedules.
- Support production, with ideas and initiative’s to optimise line efficiency
- Encourage an open communication culture between departments. (Engineering, Technical, Production, Planning, NPD, and Hygiene).
- To be a role model for the Operatives in assisting and driving the agreed standards with shift and site managers
- Planned maintenance tasks including daily checks.
- Checks include start up, line set (safety, operations, technical and engineering), routine maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s schedules, complete relevant documentation in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate requirements or issues to the relevant personnel: Production, planning, technical etc.
- Receive, prioritise, and complete work orders.
- Receive work orders from various departments (technical, production, etc.). Provide feedback to relevant personnel on issues and/or completion of tasks. Assist with Instruction and demonstration of efficient machine operation with production ,hygiene and technical as required
- Completion of maintenance projects: Modifications, or process upgrades
- Continuous improvement
- Services i.e. Electrical, air, vacuum, etc.
- Additional projects as needed or requested on an ongoing basis
- Adhere to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and ethics, which includes the Dignity at Work and Equal Opportunities procedures.
- Ensure all contact with customers internal or external are conducted in a professional manner
- Observe and adhere to all company hygiene procedures
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives through teams and projects.
- PLC fault finding/diagnostics along with a strong health and safety ethic.
- Food safety, allergen handling and HACCP knowledge would be beneficial.
- Relevant Engineering qualifications (Electrical Mechanical Engineering, health & safety, etc.)
- Good level of numerical and analytical ability.
- Good planning and coordinating skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Word and Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with work colleagues.
- Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives.
- Experience of FMCG operations
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach.
- Able to work rotating shift pattern.
- Full understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- Good communication skills with the authority to stop production and place materials on hold if they fail to meet the Company’s quality standards.
- Maintenance of PPM & Defect systems – completion of paperwork, requests, etc. Measurement of downtime on relevant lines.
- To return equipment to production with minimal downtime.
- Booking in/out of spare parts used or requested. Sourcing and ordering of spares.
- Management of contractors as/where/when required.
Please send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 31/04/2019
Up to £30.00 per hour
Job Start Date:
3x Shift (6-2/2-10/10-6)