Continuous Improvement Engineer
£45,000 + Benefits
Welwyn Garden City
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for an Operational Excellence Engineer to work at their facility based near Welwyn Garden City
- Lead Operational Excellence using Continuous Improvement principles, tools, methods, and techniques, in direct support of achieving business goals, improved performance, and decreased cost.
- Lead the development of manufacturing strategy.
- Define the current condition of the facility and identify opportunities and create a target condition, with action plans to improve operational and financial results.
- Utilize framework to capture and manage execution of the strategic actions.
- Provide a plant-wide framework for improvement implementation and facilitate the execution of this strategy.
- Identify, assess, facilitate, design, and coach implementation of improvement methods, techniques, and procedures, including daily management, problem solving, TPM/OEE, 5S, visual management, work design and A3 improvement plans. Use these tools to lead and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Lead and coach others in determining specific measures of performance and productivity improvements. Provide training and consultative assistance for all levels of the organization.
- Lead multiple Kaizen events across the plant at any one time.
- Use the Operational Excellence to help identify and implement improvement opportunities, and to assure compliance with corporate expectations.
- Liaison with the BU and other plants to bring technology and best practices to the location. Communicate progress and successes within the location and within the business unit.
- BA in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline
- Six Sigma Black Belt Accredited
- Experience with proven results of facilitating continuous improvement activity
- Experience in a low volume manufacturing environment
- Experience using engineering solutions for complex problems.
- Experience in an AS9100 controlled environment.
- Solid understanding of Engineering principles
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to manufacturing
- Operational qualification or relevant proven experience
- Experience Aircraft Industry
- Knowledge of quality procedures & standards
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 24/07/2019
Up to £45000 per annum
Hertfordshire, Welwyn Garden City
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)