£9.65 Per Hour
gap technical are proud to be representing this National Waste Business in their search for a Chemist to work at their facility based near Wednesbury
- Monitor and control all processes within the facility in terms of people and equipment to ensure operational productivities and plant availability.
- Ensure security of waste entering the facility and disposal in line with any stated customer requirement.
- Ensure inputs and outputs meet defined standards e.g. PPC, discharge consent, pre acceptance, onward transfer caveats, whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
- Control material flows through the site to ensure delays and backlogs are minimised.
- Carry out regular stock control and inventory of materials, both waste and consumables held on site.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensure any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all company policy, process and procedures.
- Min HNC Chemistry qualification
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English Language
- Experience as a chemist in a hazardous waste management business or chemical/manufacturing industry.
- IT literate – Using MS Office
- Knowledge & understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical processing environment.
- Analytical with the ability to measure and monitor data
- Organised with the ability to simplify complex issues.
- Good written and verbal Communication skills at all levels
- Full, clean UK valid driving license
- Willingness to travel within the UK for business meetings and project work at other locations
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Hazardous Treatment & Transfer CoTC
- IOSH or other safety qualifications
- Management training or qualifications
- Implementation methods and procedures to meet Quality Management System requirements
- Proven track record of working to clearly defined KPI’s.
- Development and implementation of data capture systems.
- Awareness of Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Security implications
- Hazardous waste legislation including existing and impending
- Understanding of chemical process safety and awareness of BAT
- Practical understanding of a wide range of analytical methodologies.
- Ability to influence and persuade people.
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Tenacious with attention to detail
- A natural problem solver who always considers health and safety
Please send your CV and call Alex Quegan at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 23/03/2018
Up to £9.65 per hour
Wednesbury, West Midlands
Job Start Date: