Chemical Process Technician
£34,700 + Excellent benefits
Warrington/ Runcorn/ Widnes
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Assistant Production Technician to work at their facility based near Warrington/ Runcorn/ Widnes
- Responsible for the dispatch of 96%/77%/100% chemical tankers via a splash fill loading system.
- Responsible for the dispatch of Chemical tankers/demounts via a flanged coupled loading system via a DCS loading sequence.
- Responsible for the dispatch of Chemical tankers/demounts via a close coupled loading system.
- Responsible for the dispatch of Chemical tankers/demounts by both closed couple and splash fill systems via a DCS loading sequence.
- Responsible for the dispatch of Demounts which at times are required to be imported.
- Responsible for the dispatch of Chemical imports.
- All of the above activities deal with high hazard chemicals and the tasks are repetitive in nature. The Process Technician must therefore deliver high attention to detail and high standards.
- The Technician is responsible for the provision of driver inductions for all tanker drivers entering the complex.
- The Technician role is impacted by short notice customer changes, hence loading patterns may vary, and the Process Technician is required to proactively respond to the changes as required.
- The Technician has specific responsibilities defined with the shutdown/start up phase of the Main complex and during any emergency response situation on the plant. The Technician will have detailed knowledge and understanding of the operation of both plants and is therefore able to provide full operational assistance as directed by either the Lead Process Technician, or in support of business requirements.
- The Technician will have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Plant in order to provide assistance (in general operating activities) to both the Lead Process Technician and Process Technician.
- The Technician will assist in the preparation of equipment including isolation and decontamination of equipment.
- DMS Pressure Pot Changes – change over process is completed in full PPE and RPE as the product is extremely toxic.
- Completes the regulatory FLT daily checklist and stores the information in the appropriate filing system.
- Involvement in plant Shutdown Checks alongside the Lead Process Technician and Process Technician.
- Monitors stock tank levels and temperatures of certain products.
- Involved in plant safety checks such as, safety showers, eye wash bottles and plant alarm testing.
- Routine samples and analysis of multiple products
- NVQ 1 (or equivalent) in Process Operations
- Strong SHE and personal standards.
- Excellent communication skills – including ability to communicate across a number of different departments, including haulage drivers and Customer service team.
- Pipefitting skills – In addition, the Process Technician is specifically required to make the critical joints associated with each load.
- Process lab analytical skills.
- Fork Lift Truck license holder (essential for the role).
- Dealing with very high purity products.
- Committed and flexible approach to work, and without direct supervision.
- Methodical approach, results focussed and with high standards of execution and attention to detail.
- Good technical skills required
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 20/12/2017
Up to £34700 per annum + Excellent benefits
Job Start Date: