Graduate Design Engineer
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work at their facility based near Tewkesbury. Working as part of a close team, we are looking for someone hungry, ambitious, hard working with a keen eye for detail.
- Design and develop proposals for new elastomer products for applications across our application segments.
- Re-engineer existing products to improve overall performance
- Establish and implement project task objectives and ensure completion of projects from initiation to delivery
- Work effectively as part of a cross functional team, both internally and globally
- Play a developing role in both internal and external technical meetings
- Support the investigations of alternative designs, processes and technologies and their implementation into the business.
- Provide engineering support to the Commercial Buyers
- Monitor the planning and results of trials to validate alternative product designs, process routes and raw materials, guiding lessons learned and next steps.
- Drive continuous improvement of existing processes to improve yield, capacity and costs.
- Participate in root-cause analysis of process failures and implementation of action plans.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Process
- Minimum Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Design / Production)
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment under a Quality Management System.
- Experience with production process steps and quality assurance.
- Preferably you will have a well-founded knowledge of polymer characteristics, aerospace engineering and technologies.
Please send your CV and call Tom Arnold at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01782 971919
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 28/02/2019
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)