Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
£40,000 – £45,000 + Car
gap technical are proud to be working in partnership with a global smart engineering and technology solutions provider in their search for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor to work at their office in Manchester. The role will be working on the PFI & FM contracts within their business, giving strong support from estimates through to final account.
- To be responsible for managing budgets relating to variation and lifecycle projects, from the initial estimates to agreement on final accounts, in order to minimise costs and enhance value for money, while ensuring the required standards and quality are maintained.
- Maintaining lifecycle models, ensuring the accurate posting of values, tracking of deferred and adjusted values to ensure that the model remains up to date and accurate.
- To have an awareness of the commercial market with the ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors
- Working with the Senior Project Manager (SPM) in the commercial processes to ensure achievement of turnover and profit targets, profitable contracts and sound cash flow performance on projects.
- To maximise project margin and add value to the project delivery process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- To oversee lifecycle budget management to minimise risk to the business and achieve transparency within the available funds. To ensure that lifecycle financial models are accurate at all times.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Eliminate commercial risks in tenders during contract negotiations.
- Liaise with clients’ surveyors on financial matters in order to provide an accurate forecast of final accounts.
- Maintain sub-contractor accounts providing the management team with up to date financial information.
- Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation.
- Liaise with clients on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment without undue penalty.
- Maintain sub-contractor control ensuring close administration of accounts and meet targets for managing all significant debtors.
- Maintain costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Educated to HND or Degree level in quantity surveying
- Demonstrable commercial experience.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- IT Literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors.
- Sound understanding of the implications of Health and Safety regulations.
- Previous experience of working in a facilities management environment, ideally PFI.
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) qualification
Please send your CV and call Chris at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 07/11/2019
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Greater Manchester, Manchester
Job Start Date:
Days Only (Mon-Fri)