Alternative Continental Shift (4 Days / 4 Off / 4 Nights/ 4 Off)
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Shift Engineer to work at their facility based near Crewe
- Provide full emergency breakdown cover for all plant and services.
- To carry out repair works to the highest standard.
- Complete all work sheets and report any follow ups required, including Planned Maintenance work sheets, handover sheets.
- Observe and report all problem areas on all plant and services.
- Work as a team with all other members of the factory team.
- Maintain a high standard of work and promote good housekeeping throughout the factory and workshops.
- To always ensure that Health and Safety issues are treated with the highest priority always.
- Administer, monitor, analyse and update machine history data using the engineering management system.
- Provide first line cover in all machinery problems.
- Be proactive with ideas for improving the plant and engineering departments.
- Electrical bias, PLC knowledge, Mechanical strengths, Pipe fitting, Pneumatics, Hydraulics
- A formal qualification in an engineering discipline.
- A full apprenticeship or other relevant occupational training.
- Must be able to demonstrate an aptitude and passion for engineering
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- PC literate
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Shows and understanding of the need to work safely – and the implications of not doing so
- Able to work well with other people as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate some work experience
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Relevant experience gained within the food industry
- Able to demonstrate examples of implementing solutions to reoccurring problems and suggesting proactive ideas
- Food background preferable
Please send your CV and call Matt Lawrinson at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 11/02/2018