£30,000 – £33,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this large manufacturing business in their search for a Quality Engineer to work at their facility based near Liverpool
- To attend all supplier related meetings to solve issues and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for the quality aspects assembly.
- To manage the QMS and ensure compliance with existing Automotive Standards and Customer standards.
- Investigate all quality issues related to supplier and customer
- Meet with customer and supplier on a regular basis to discuss performance issues
- Keep records of supplier / customer performance and report to management on: Incoming quality, Supplier containment, Customer concerns
- Conduct visits and audits at supplier plant as required.
- Monitoring and addressing customer portal issues
- Meet with production/maintenance teams to discuss performance/quality issues
- Conduct or lead process audits in plant to ensure compliance to work instruction and customer standards
- Lead investigation of root cause analysis for in process concerns using problem solving techniques, i.e. 8D, SPC, 5 why etc
- Maintenance of 5S for quarantine area
- Record parts put in and moved out of the area, parts to be moved by authorised personnel only
- Monitor all suppliers for quality of incoming products
- Ensure all quality performance KPIs are met; Cost of quality, 8D reporting
- Comply with the environmental management requirements of the Company
- Participate in Company Environmental Management programmes & activities
- Any other duties relevant to the grade of post as may be designated by the Company in relation to the role of Quality Engineer.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience of Quality Engineering in automotive manufacturing and be a qualified Quality Engineer.
- Lead Auditor Qualification
- Internal auditor certification
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and IATF16949
- Knowledge of 8D, 5 Why Analysis, FMEA, Control Plan is essential
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous experience of working for an OEM.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work well and achieve results under pressure
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Work on own initiative with minimal supervision
Please send your CV and call David at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 10/11/2017