£40,000 – £45,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this manufacturing business in their search for a QHSE Manager to work at their facility based near Monmouth.
- Ensure compliance of the company health and safety policy
- To attend and advise the health and safety team
- To keep up to date with legislation, regulations, best practice in relation to current and future health and safety issues with a view to identifying any necessary actions
- To make timely recommendations and plans following any external investigations or audits
- Implement and manage the delivery of health and safety training and induction programs
- Provide first line health and safety advice / guidance to line managers and project managers
- Ensure a proactive and planned approach to accident prevention, safe working practices and health promotion.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- Implement and communicate action plans for improvement / prevention
- To manage correspondence with relevant statutory bodies ensuring that full compliance is followed in the reporting and investigating of RIDDOR related accidents.
- Review current risk assessments and implement action plans where required to ensure full compliance and understanding
- Manage first aid facilities and ensure first class provision of facilities and support to the business.
- Be responsible for preparing company H&S audits and quality assurance. (i.e. CHAS)
- Play a key role in the ongoing development of ISO 9001 QMS, ISO 14001 Environmental, and ISO 18001 Health & Safety standards.
- Co-ordinate and audit the management of the company’s process and procedures
- Ensuring that the Quality objectives are aligned with the company’s strategic goals, are measured for their effectiveness and periodically reviewed
- Analyse environment requirements
- Act as single point of contact/escalation on environments
- Ensure environments are maintained, refreshed and recycled
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- To keep up to date with legislation and regulations of environment issues with a view to identifying any necessary actions
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience of BSI ISO 9001, and BSI ISO 14001
- Desirable – Environmental Management Qualification
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate whilst working in a team
- Good person management skills
- Ability to communicate and consult effectively with good presentation skills
- Ability to take own initiative
- Be able show good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Hard working and enthusiastic
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 03/11/2017
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Start Date: