gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Production Supervisor to work at their facility based near Wrexham.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor / Team Leader, looking for a new challenge within a rapidly growing business with a lot of future development.
- Organise cell activity to meet order book requirements and KPI’s
- Complete daily attendance data for payroll as required
- Provide guidance to operators on required tasks and appropriate work methods
- Ensure quality levels are maintained and route cards are adhered to, communicating and addressing compliance issues, raising paperwork as required
- Keep other relevant departments/individuals informed of work progress/cell output
- Advise on manpower planning for the area including overtime schedules
- Managing and approving holiday/leave requests, shift changes, lateness, sickness absence – with guidance from the Production Manager/HR department where needed
- Provide cover for other Production Supervisor colleagues as requested
- Assist with paperwork where required
- Ensure materials and tooling are available to meet manufacturing needs
- Ensure activities are carried out in accordance with Environmental and Health & Safety requirements
- Assist and support ongoing continuous improvement activities
- To be committed to a 6S method of working ensuring a well organises, neat and tidy working environment
- To adhere at all times to Health & Safety/Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations
- To perform any other duties necessary, as requested by the Production Manager or a member of the Senior Management Team, to carry out job function to the achievement of Departmental/Company objectives
- Ability to absorb information quickly, identify problems and make appropriate decisions
- High degree of integrity and consistent approach
- To be committed to a strong EHS culture on site.
- To adhere at all times to Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) is desirable
- Previous experience within a component-manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Previous supervisory experience is desirable
- Experience in a high quality manufacturing environment is preferential
- Previous experience and a working knowledge of SPC is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Good computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office essential
- Good project management and presentation skills
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/01/2018