Process Control & Automation Engineer
£35,000 – £45,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Automation Engineer to work at their facility based near Swansea
The Automation Engineer would be required to manage and continuously improve the process, controls and automation function throughout the site and deliver maintenance and asset management activities.
- Working closely with the Works Engineer, Maintenance Managers and Section Engineer, determine the PC&A engineering priorities and deliver a professional asset management solution for the PC&A function.
- Support PC&A Improvement & development in the plant area teams ensuring standards, uniformity and efficiency are consistent for the works area.
- Support the maintenance execution process for PC&A activities including calibrations, corrective and preventative activities.
- Support plant areas teams in reviewing equipment performance and failure reduction activities where required for the PC&A function.
- Ensure process safety standards are met within the installation.
- Identify, develop concepts, plan and implement plant improvements to optimise product volume and yields whilst minimising operating costs and maximising unit safety and reliability.
- Provide prompt and effective technical advice and use root cause analysis to identify solutions to plant performance problems.
- Assist in the design, procurement, and installation of new equipment to support process improvements.
- A team player, self-motivated and driven.
- The jobholder would be as a minimum educated to HNC / HND standard or equivalent.
- A sound knowledge of process control and automation in heavy plant applications, PLC and SCADA best practices. Conversant in PLC programming, fault finding and minor system modification design. PLC knowledge of Allen Bradley, ABB and Siemens.
- Knowledge of PC administration and manufacturing IT standards and practices. Industrial networks such as Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus.
- Sound knowledge of industrial instrumentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven record of problem solving experience is essential.
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/09/2017