Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Continentals Shift Pattern
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Maintenance Engineer to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Diagnosis, resolution and elimination of root causes of engineering faults
- Design, trial and implementation of minor equipment modifications in support of increased performance
- Completion of all scheduled, planned corrective, reactive and improvement maintenance as allocated
- Support to the implementation of permit to work system for control of contractor / internal activities within defined work area
- Ensure completion of equipment diaries, handover records, incident reports. Completion of notifications & Work orders within SAP PM for all work allocated to team. Raise purchase orders where required
- Attendance and input to all relevant operational, engineering and CI meetings.
- Maintain compliance to all internal and statutory legislation with particular regard to PTW, LOTO and Risk Mgt Standards inc Risk assessment
- Meet with engineering shift supervisor at start and end of shift to agree operational and engineering priorities.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of allocated annual equipment overhauls.
- Work collaboratively with all adjacent teams (PCs, Shift Managers Quality and Technical Ops) to resolve issues rapidly and drive improvement
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the principles of operation of production equipment
- Good knowledge of engineering principles and their practical application through industry standard generic components.
- Practical engineering skills including hand tools and machine tools.
- Awareness of the practical implications of all relevant Statutory legislation (PUWER, EAWA, Supply Of Machinery Regs, Functional Safety, pressure regs, gas regs, CDM etc)
- Planning skills for allocated work
- Working knowledge of Internal risk management standards – PTW (WAH, Hot, Confined, LOTO / Isolation, Chemical)
- Data analysis and identification of trends.
- Understanding of CI Methodologies and the associated tools (1 from Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM etc)
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Exceptional Fault Finding Skills including knowledge of structured Fault Finding Techniques (6 Point, 1/2 Split, Substitution, I/P to O/P, Emergence Seq)Previous experience of working within a similar FMCG manufacturing / factory engineering department
- Strong interpersonal and developed communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active, self motivated and assertive
- Internal customer focus with the ability to adapt to the variable demands of the business
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Ability to influence, persuade and lead at all levels of the business
- Appropriate Technical Qualification (C&G Minimum, BTEC ONC / TEC 3 or higher preferred)
- IEE 17th Edition
- Completion of a recognised Apprenticeship
- IT literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Good analytical and numeric ability
- IOSH qualification (Preferred)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- SAP user / Superuser
Please send your CV and call Matt Lawrinson at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability or the job.
Closing date: 09/02/2018
Up to £40000 per annum
Job Start Date: