Health and Safety Advisor
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Health and Safety Advisor to work at their facility based near Aberdare
- Support the investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences ensuring that resultant reports recommend preventative measures, assist in reducing insurance claims and comply with statutory requirements.
- Carry out an active role in assessing risks and advising on appropriate control measures.
- Lead the role out of the Aberdare Behavioural Safety program
- Regularly inspect and audit the site, plant equipment and systems to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements and Company Health and Safety policy.
- Advise on the safety requirements of proposed new plant, equipment and buildings to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements, Company H&S Policy and Planning requirements.
- Advise on personal protective equipment to ensure the well-being of employees and compliance with Statutory requirements.
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings for the site.
- Represent the site in meetings with external Inspectorates, including the Health & Safety Executive, and Fire Authority as well as appropriate Insurance bodies.
- Administer and develop the site employee training record systems.
- Candidates should be educated to HNC / Degree level in a technical subject with proven experience of working in a Health & Safety role ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- In addition, knowledge of HSE legislation and good practice will be essential with a formal Health and Safety qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent communication and inter-personal skills together with strong organisational ability. Tenacity and the drive to succeed are additional qualities required in this role.
Please send your CV and call David Evans at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 13/03/2018
Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Job Start Date: