Head of Projects
£55,000 + Car
gap technical are proud to be representing this exciting engineering business in their search for a Head of Projects to work at their facility based in North Wales.
This is a senior role within the business and would be ideal for someone with a genuine passion for managing projects who is looking for a genuinely challenging and diverse role.
As a Head of Projects, you will be required to:
- Oversee all full-scale projects including resource planning and management of budgets
- Provide Supervision/Management of Projects and Design Offices
- Continuously improve project management process throughout the business.
- Provide optimum on-site solutions within a variety of different manufacturing clients.
- Generation of Bills of Materials
- Generation of Programme of Works in the form of Gantt charts
- liaise with different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Report on Projects – on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to direct reports whilst managing a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people on sites.
- Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives. Work with the Production team to translate site strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives, including KPIs, and to track them
- Successful candidates will have experience of delivering projects from initiation through to total solution handover within the company’s manufacturing client base.
- A minimum of a HND or preferably an Honours degree in a relevant engineering field
- Must be an excellent people manager and have experience managing circa 60 employees as a minimum.
- The ability to effectively manage a high number of Projects at any one time.
- Planning and organisation to be able run and monitor the production processes;
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or projects related problems;
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily;
- ICT Literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes;
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality;
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Conflict Management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate adaptability
The company offer a very competitive package and benefits scheme along with an excellent work environment. They have ambitious growth plans to build on their success to date and this position will play a major role in this growth. The senior management team are committed to making the company one of the top places to work in the area in order to both attract the best engineers and support the development of their existing workforce.
Please send your CV and call David at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 06/03/2018
Up to £55000 per annum + Car
Job Start Date: