Graduate Supplier Quality Development Engineer
£22,000 – £24,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Graduate Supplier Quality Development Engineer to work at their facility based near Liverpool
To coordinate the planning and execution of all new product introduction quality deliverables and to play an integral role in the project team. Responsibilities to include:
- Supplier APQP process management
- Coordination and evaluation of supplier PPAP submissions
- Formal VDA 2 process audits at suppliers site
To support and take an active role in achieving key business objectives:
- Coordinate and review supplier concern management processes, problem solving, 8D reporting, Containment etc.
- Manage supplier responses to complex quality issues
- Monitor and manage supplier performance via KPI process
- Conduct requalification audits with selected suppliers
- Regular visits and audits of supplier facilities as required.
To plan and execute supplier development activities to identify and initiate supply base improvements leading to cost, quality and schedule improvements. Including:
- 6 Sigma
- Value Stream Mapping
- Supply delivery performance measurement
- Foreign language skills an advantage
- A degree or equivalent – a recognised Quality Management qualification and/or Business Management qualification
- Experience of both the manufacture and quality management of plastic injection moulded parts is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of KPI’s and quality systems.
- Ability to use and apply continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Must be flexible and be prepared to travel frequently and at short notice.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Assertive with excellent negotiation skills
- Computer literate with extensive experience of Microsoft Office software
- A solid technical basis – experience of operating within a ISO9001 / TS16949 automotive environment would be an advantage
- Demonstrated commercial awareness / ability – demonstrated problem solving ability / demonstrated structured project management approach
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to apply them within an engineering / manufacturing environment.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 30/08/2017