Electrical and Instrument Technician
£35,000 + benefits & bonus
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Electrical and Instrument Technician to work at their facility based near Chester
- An Electrical and Instrument technician’s role primarily requires working within the Maintenance function, but must also be able to support modification and small projects within that discipline. An E&I technician’s role is responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, of all Electrical, instruments and control equipment site wide. An E&I technician must work in accordance with site standards, procedures and legislation and keep up-to-date with current requirements by participating in internal and external training.
- Working as a team to maintain plant Instrument, electrical and control equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to cover all tasks in a timely manner.
- Interacts positively with all internal and external customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Working as part of a team sometime outside of your discipline to expand your knowledge and that of others.
- Communicate plant status and problems clearly using email and meetings.
- Extract key information by being respectful, listening and asking the right questions of the customer.
- Must be able to take simple electrical or instrument concepts and see it through to the completed item.
- Demonstrate an understanding of completing a task in a timely manner and in the simplest way to get the best results.
- Understands priority and sense of urgency of a task to minimise plant downtime and disruption.
- Being creative and imaginative in your work is essential to completing tasks to a high standard and efficiently.
- Experience of working with process instrumentation including flow, pressure, temp, level etc…
- 17th Edition Electrical Edition trained.
- Some mechanical Installation experience.
- Able to read P&ID’s and electrical drawings.
- Fault finding skills and experience.
- Experience of working with variable speed drives
- DCS, PLC and I/O Exposure (Siemens)
- Desirable experience would include:
- Experience with Siemens PCS 7 systems
- Experience in the food / Drink Industry
- Knowledge of Profibus and ASI communications
Please send your CV and call David at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 09/11/2017