Controls, Automation & Instrumentation Lead Engineer
Competitive Salary + Bonus
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Controls, Automation & Instrumentation Lead engineer to work at their facility based near Runcorn
- To define and implement business led Control, Instrumentation and Automation based projects, providing technical leadership and hands on support to the project team, ensuring that timelines are achieved in line within budget.
- To achieve project plans either as the leader or team member of specified projects by defining Software, Control, Instrumentation and Electrical requirements.
- To assess current equipment performance, in order to identify & implement automated system improvements to processes so as to improve performance/ reliability and or reduce costs.
- Systems upgrades or modifications for new and existing systems with regards to impact reviews and version control.
- To maintain & develop Site C&I and Automated Systems documentation and standards, to meet regulatory & business requirements.
- To participate in the recruitment, and selection of C&I staff to ensure that they have the required skills and behaviours to add value to the business.
- To provide technical development of the C&I team members through regular training, assessment, coaching and mentoring.
- To participate in the recruitment of C&I specialists and provide the motivation to the Technical Support team ensuring that all personnel possess the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to achieve standard performance in their key areas of accountability.
Planning, Organising and Controlling
- Member of Extended Leadership Team responsible for developing plans and strategy and reviewing progress towards them on a regular basis, agreeing corrective action where needed.
- Providing Control & Instrumentation / Automated system and project management expertise to Operations and Technical Support teams.
- Delegated responsibilities to project team members. Planning/organising primarily on a 12 month rolling basis driven by budget and/or forecast.
- Member of Operational Planning meeting to identify manufacturing requirements on 3 month rolling basis.
- Responsible for planning and management of all C&I improvements and providing C&I expertise in supporting the introduction of new equipment across the site.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering / Programming discipline
- Siemens S7 and/or TIA Portal – PLC Programming
- WinCC HMI/SCADA
- Comms – Profibus, TCP/IP, Networking
- Manufacturing/Process Control Background (preferably)
- Programming and System configuration (Hardware and Software)
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting (Control Systems)
- Ability to read and understand Electrical and Process Drawings
- System Modification and System Improvement Experience
- Low Voltage Control wiring
Preferable Knowledge of:
- Rockwell ControlLogix/CompactLogix PLC
- Rockwell SLC5/500 PLC
- Panel View HMI
- MS Word, EXCEL, Visio
- Machine Safety Systems/Circuits
- Commissioning (SAT/FAT)
- Machine Control
- Machine Safety Circuits
- Process Control
Please send your CV and call David at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 08/11/2017