£35,000 – £40,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Automation Engineer to work at their facility based near Swansea
- Update systems, procedures and documentation when changes are made using the correct internal computer systems.
- Will be involved in investigations, including failure identification and root cause analysis investigations, to support both the resolution of problems and engineering improvements.
- Ensure that the Scada PC disaster recovery schedule is designed, implemented and maintained.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the Infrastructure project delivery team uses the departmental Quality system effectively and that all feedback is used for continuous improvement.
- Take part in the management of change process for the Infrastructure Project Delivery section, to assess risks and mitigate those risks with your technical input also ensuring that all meetings are attended.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that potential savings are realised relating to work undertaken by your team.
- Assist the section engineer to be able to agree and prioritise the workload of the Infrastructure Project delivery section to deliver on business goals.
- The jobholder would preferably be educated to HNC / HND standard.
- A sound knowledge of process control and automation in heavy plant applications, PLC and SCADA best practices. Conversant in PLC programming, fault finding and small system design.
- Knowledge of PC administration and manufacturing IT standards and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven record of people management and problem solving experience is essential
Please send your CV and call Charlotte at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/09/2017
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Job Start Date: